Apples Foreign Language Festival!
April 2, 2016
Indiana University of Pennsylvania
Festival Coordinator: Dr. Jason Killam
To submit Festival forms: firstname.lastname@example.org
Louise Wilson, a teacher of Spanish, French, and English as a Second Language at Central High School of the Spring Cove School District in southern Blair County tells us that
“The Festival is a wonderful opportunity for foreign language students to showcase their abilities. The academic categories are reading, writing, speaking, and listening – activities students do on a regular basis in class. In addition, there are drama and literary recitation events. We also have activities for those with creative talents. Our non-academic competitions include creating
- · three-dimensional models of target-language structures
- · copying artwork of famous target-language artists
- · creating one’s own art to celebrate the target culture
- · singing
- · playing instruments and
- · dancing to songs from the target culture.
The Festival gives our students the chance to enjoy themselves and also showcase just how pleasing learning new languages and cultures can be!”